Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy: Narcotic and Needle Free Pain Relief for RSD Sufferers
If you or someone you love suffers from Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD), you know that traditional treatments such as shots and narcotics only add to the pain. We’d like you to know that you have a gentler option to soothe the pain: Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT).
For those who have never heard of it, RSD, also known as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), is a rare disease that causes continual chronic pain. As of 2016, the disorder has no known cure.
Researchers do not fully understand the causes of RSD, though one study suggests it might result from a disease of the small blood vessels that supply oxygen to the muscle cells. Frequently RSD begins following an injury or trauma. As well as severe pain in the arms or legs, back, feet and hands, those with RSD can suffer with:
- Intense sweating
- Skin discoloration
- Muscle spasms
- Tingling and burning sensations
- Extreme sensitivity to light and touch
Pain management through medication offers relief for some, but most RSD sufferers struggle with finding a way to cope with the pain. Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) can supplement RSD medications. The therapy has enabled some of our patients to discontinue shots and narcotics entirely. They have also found their symptoms eased considerably with only a few HBOT sessions.
Dr. Spiegel discovered HBOT while researching therapies that could help a family member who had suffered a stroke. He saw firsthand how much the therapy helped and became very enthusiastic about HBOT’s healing potential. After 31 years of practicing neurology and 14 years of providing HBOT in our Palm Harbor, FL clinic, Dr. Spiegel has seen the lives of RSD patients improve dramatically.
How Does HBOT Work?
In short, it helps to break the pain cycle. During an HBOT session, a patient breathes pure oxygen at higher than normal air pressure. As oxygen floods their bloodstream, swelling goes down and healing begins to occur. After completing several HBOT sessions, our patients report their strength has increased. They also sleep better, think more clearly, feel less depressed, and are able to return to more regular daily routines. HBOT is painless, safe and cost-effective.
How Can I Tell if HBOT is Right for Me?
Our sister website, Florida-Oxygen.com, provides case studies, medical research and articles about RSD. We encourage you to read about the positive results RSD sufferers have obtained through HBOT.
If you suffer from RSD/CRPS and want to learn how HBOT could benefit you, please contact us at 727-787-7077 to schedule a personalized hyperbaric oxygen therapy consultation with Dr. Spiegel.
During this one-on-one assessment, you and he can discuss the history of RSD, including any past treatments and how these have worked for you. Dr. Spiegel understands how difficult life is with RSD, and he would feel honored to help you reduce or even end your pain.
- Caring for Aging Family Members with Dementia
- How to Know if a Loved One Has Dementia
- HBOT Restores Sharper Vision to Macular Degeneration Patients
- Suffering from One of These 5 Less Common Types of Migraine?
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Helps Osteonecrosis of the Jaw Patients Find Relief
- Finding Relief from RSD Pain in the Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber
- Hyperbaric Therapy for Diabetic Wounds
- Stop Chronic Pain with Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Migraine Victims See Promising Results with Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
- 5 Easy Tips to Keep Your Spine in Good Health
- Six Top Ways to Avoid Falls in the Kitchen
- Could Jogging Be Causing That Knee or Hip Pain?
- Suffering from Sciatic Nerve Pain?