About Dr. Allan M. Spiegel
Renowned Neurologist & Nerve Pain Specialist:
Dr. Spiegel received his Bachelor’s degree from the University of Vermont and his Doctor of Medicine from the University of the East in Manilla, The Philippines. While there, he studied both Western and tropical medicine. He also provided health care to disadvantaged patients in the surrounding area.
Before becoming involved in hyperbaric medicine, Dr. Spiegel served as in intern at New Rochelle Hospital Medical Center. He completed his residency in Neurology at The State University of New York Down State Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, and became an Assistant Instructor on the Clinical Teaching Team.
Center for Pain Management:
Dr. Spiegel has practiced neurology for 25 years in Palm Harbor, Florida. He is affiliated with the Morton Plant and Mease Hospitals in Dunedin and Countryside. Devoted to improving the lives of those suffering nerve-related pain, Dr. Spiegel frequently assists pharmaceutical clinical trial teams in developing more effective medicines. He is a keen advocate of the hyperbaric medicine he practices.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy:
Since 1984, Dr. Spiegel has successfully prescribed Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) for numerous pain related conditions. He is a pioneer of using HBOT and other innovative treatments to ease the pain of injured U.S. Military members. Dr. Spiegel is a member of the American Academy of Neurology, American Academy of Pain Management, and the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society.
Finding that the Department of Veterans affairs did not adequately cover medical needs of injured service men and women returning from Iraq and Afghanistan following 2001, Dr. Spiegel founded the Healing Heroes Network. Dr. Spiegel currently serves as Medical Director of the 501C (3) nonprofit organization. Its mission is to raise funds for the medical care our returned heroes deserve.
- Caring for Aging Family Members with Dementia
- How to Know if a Loved One Has Dementia
- HBOT Restores Sharper Vision to Macular Degeneration Patients
- Suffering from One of These 5 Less Common Types of Migraine?
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Helps Osteonecrosis of the Jaw Patients Find Relief
- Finding Relief from RSD Pain in the Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber
- Hyperbaric Therapy for Diabetic Wounds
- Stop Chronic Pain with Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Migraine Victims See Promising Results with Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
- 5 Easy Tips to Keep Your Spine in Good Health
- Six Top Ways to Avoid Falls in the Kitchen
- Could Jogging Be Causing That Knee or Hip Pain?
- Suffering from Sciatic Nerve Pain?